Personality Types : INFJ
INFJ-Protectors and Confidants
Career relevant traits:
- Have intuition to understand situations and people
- Strong ideals and principles
- Profound and complex
- Natural leaders
- Sensitive and compassionate towards others
- Service and future orientated.
- Place value on deep authentic relationships
- Are reserved about showing their true selves
- Only like dealing with details when they enhance or promote your goals.
- Always looking for the meaning and purpose in everything
- Visionary and creative
- Intense and highly strung
- Can work with logic and ration. INFJs use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards achieving it.
Being an INFJ means you have a quest to live a life of meaning and purpose, and therefore your career needs to be more than a job, but has to be something that can live up to your principles and feel right. As an INFJ, your intuition is mixed with your strong values, you have a sense of knowing and therefore are natural and comfortable as leaders and work well as such, although you can work as a follower if you are taking directions from someone you fully support, otherwise you will not be happy in your situation.
In the outside world, you place a great deal of importance in having things in order, and having the best system for getting things done, whilst always reevaluating the priorities in your life. On the other hand you can operate internally with spontaneity. Your intuition gives you great insight into things, and you are often right about something, even with little background information.
Your penetrating insight into other people and
issues, and the internal way you deal with this, means you don’t
easily share what information you obtain about others unless you
choose to share it. You are deep and complex, usually private and
therefore difficult to understand.
However, as an INFJ you are genuinely warm as you are complex, and you have a special place in your heart for those close to you, for which you can see and feel the depth of your caring. In tune to other’s emotions you avoid hurting other’s feelings. Often the perfectionist, you may wrestle with finding peace as you feel that there is more to improve your world and the lives of others around you. Your high expectations means you strive to exist in a state of continual growth and you easily overlook your own accomplishments.
Like other INFJs, your workplace should be one of creatively and independence. You most likely have a natural affinity for art and the sciences, as well as being found in service orientated positions. You should avoid working with very detailed tasks, or else you be in the other extreme, where you are working so meticulously you cannot see the big picture and can be highly critical of others who are not being as meticulous
Possible Career Paths for the INFJ:
- Religious worker
- Education consultants
- Doctors and dentists
- Health Care Specialists, such as Chiropractors, Reflexologists, etc.
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Counselors and Social Workers
- Musicians and Artists
- Child Care or early childhood development
Please consider placing a link to career-test.co.uk from your site. Thank you.