Personality Types : INTJ
INTJ-Scientists and Strategists
Career relevant traits:
- Can absorb highly complex theories and material
- Strive to create structure from theoretical abstractions
- Brilliant strategists
- Strong insights and intuitions, which are trusted implicitly
- Enjoy difficult theoretical challenges
- Bored with mundane routine tasks
- Calm, collected and analytical
- Very logical and rational
- Original, creative, independent, ingenious and resourceful
- Natural leader, but will follow if you can fully support the person and plans
- Prefer to work alone and better at doing so.
More than the other personality types, you are brilliant at grasping complex concepts and applying them to problems to create with long-term strategies. Since this type of "strategizing" is your central focus and drive, there is a good match between desire and ability. Being an INTJ you will be happy and most effective in careers which allow this type of processing, and which promote an environment in which you are given a lot of autonomy over your work and life.
You dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything
that is muddled or unclear. You value clarity and efficiency, and
will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating
your insights into structured patterns.
Some people may find you reserved and at times detached. It is not that you are without caring, but just that you don’t need, or have the desire to express or receive it as much as other personalty types. People may incorrectly believe you are rigid or set in your ways, but this is far from the truth, as you seek ways to implement the best strategies for your ideas and are quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.
As an INTJ, you are an ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinker. Like other INTJs you could well end up in engineering or scientific pursuits, although some find enough challenge within the business world in areas which involve organizing and strategic planning
Possible Career Paths for the INTJ:
- Research department managers
- University instructors
- Professors and Teachers
- Medical Doctors or Dentists
- Corporate Strategists and Organization Builders
- Business Administrators and Managers
- Military Leaders
- Computer programmers/specialists, or Systems Analysts
Please consider placing a link to career-test.co.uk from your site. Thank you.