Personality Types : ESTP
ESTP-Doers and Persuaders
Career relevant traits:
- Live in the present.
- Do not like abstract theory without a practical application.
- Like immediate results for their work
- Fast-paced and energetic
- Flexible and adaptable
- Rarely working from a plan you like to make things up as they go Highly observant, with an excellent memory for details
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent ability to see an immediate problem and quickly devise a solution
- Like initiating things not necessarily following them through to completion
ESTPs have some advantageous characteristics which are unique to your personality type. Your skills of observation make you very good at correctly assessing other peoples´ perspectives or motives. Your people skills allow you to use this knowledge to your advantage while interacting with people. You also have a special ability to react quickly and effectively to an immediate need, such as in an emergency or crisis situation. This is a valuable skill in many different professions, perhaps most notably in action-oriented professions.
ESTPs enjoy new experiences and dealing with people, and dislike being confined in regimented environments. You also want to see immediate results for your work, and don´t like dealing with a lot of high-level theory. For these reasons, you should choose careers which involve a lot of interaction with people, and avoid routine with detailed tasks.
The ESTP enjoys and adapts well to change, and so is happier in careers where you are not restricted or confined. ESTPs make for successful salespersons with the ability to motivate others to excitement and action, hence can sell anyone on any idea.
You are action-oriented, and make decisions quickly, with extraordinary talents for getting things started. You are not usually so good at following through, and might leave those jobs to other people. An ESTP should pay close attention to the mastering the art of following through and completing tasks.
Possible Career Paths for the ESTP:
- Sales Representatives
- Service workers
- Marketing Personnel
- Police / Detective Work
- Paramedic / Emergency Medical Technician
- PC Technicians or Network Cablers
- Computer Technical Support
Please consider placing a link to career-test.co.uk from your site. Thank you.